In recent years, TikTok has positioned itself in the top 10 of the most used mobile apps in the world, and has millions of users. Which makes it a very important option for those who want to use TikTok for companies in their marketing strategies.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a mobile application that is in the category of social networks. In it, entertaining videos are created and shared, dynamic and with a carefree character, which can be between 3 and 60 seconds.
The content that is published is generated by the users themselves, and those who achieve success in it are called “tiktokers”. These are the equivalents of youtubers and instagramers.
The app relies on artificial intelligence to show content to the user that may be of interest to them, so it is not necessary to follow any other user to see what you want.
Almost all the content on TikTok is for entertainment, but there are also channels and informational resources. In addition, it has a section called TikTok for Good whose objective is to inspire younger generations to support a good cause.
Why use TikTok for business?
The world of TikTok is becoming increasingly useful for brands, since it is possible, for example, to include a link in the user’s biography in order to drive traffic to your business’ website to convert potential customers, or run advertising campaigns. . Well, through TikTok Ads it is possible to set up advertising for your brand, and thus enhance your conversion strategies.
7+1 Tips to start using TikTok for your business
Would you like to promote your business on TikTok, and don’t know where to start? Write down these tips:
1. Detect and analyze your buyer person
For a good digital marketing strategy, you need to evaluate the buyer persona of your business. To do this, you must bear in mind that TikTok, in addition to Generation Z, is also used by people from 13 to 30 years old.
But in addition to age, it is important that you analyze other aspects such as personal interests, tastes and habits.
2. Familiarize yourself with the platform
To fit perfectly into TikTok, it is essential that you blend in with the platform and integrate into its fun and informal style of making content.
3. Create light-hearted content and challenges.
Spontaneity is key on TikTok. Dynamic content that poses a challenge is what works best among users of this platform. A good option may be to launch a challenge with a hashtag that is based on encouraging TikTok users to create or recreate content using your branded hashtag.
4. Do not make promotions too obvious
Tiktokers don’t like advertising and if they see a too blatant promotion of your brand or product, they will feel rejected. The most advisable thing is to make promotions indirectly and adding value to the user.
5. Time matters
The most advisable thing is that your videos last a maximum of 15 seconds until they know you. If you are starting, we recommend that you create videos of only 15 seconds or less, especially at the beginning when other users do not know you, this is a good marketing strategy to generate community.
6. Use influencers for your advertising campaigns
Influencers already have many followers, which you can take advantage of to reach more people. And since Gen Z rejects anything resembling traditional advertising, working with TikTok influencers is a great way to connect with them.
7. Use hashtags in your content strategy
The hastags are a tool that should be part of your content marketing strategy for TikTok since it makes it easier for you to meet and connect and create communities with the same theme or idea.
First you should create a hashtag of your own brand, and from there it is important that you try to discover other hashtags already created that are already positioned in topics related to your brand.
8. Take advantage of advertising on TikTok
The TikTok platform has an advertising platform aimed at advertisers. In which you can choose between five different types of ads:
- TopView: This is a preferred video format that shows your brand in a privileged location on TikTok, with the aim of attracting the user’s attention as much as possible
- In-Feed Ads: These are ads that seem to have been created by TikTok, in which by clicking they take you directly to their site or ecommerce.
- Brand takeovers: In these types of ads, the brand takes control of TikTok for an entire day, with images, GIFs, and videos with embedded links to landing pages or challenges with hashtags.
- Hashtags challenges: it is about taking advantage of the promoted hashtags to generate much more engagement.
- Gamified Branded Effect is a filter with which users are invited to interact with the company or brand, through their facial expressions, gestures and postures.